Instructions for requesting a letter of recommendation
First, send me an email requesting a letter of recommendation. This must be done 4-6 weeks prior to the first recommendation deadline!
Once I've agreed to write you a letter, please put together a google drive folder entitled YourName_Recommendations (e.g., "MaryLyon_Recommendations") that includes:
- a google spreadsheet entitled "YourName Recommendations for GoalPosition" with a row for each application containing columns for:
- program name (if there is a web site for the program, this should link to it)
- submission deadline
- submission process (such as: email, web site url, program will email me)
- a column for me to check off when I've submitted it
- your current resume
- your current transcript (unless you are my advisee, in which case I can access it through isis)
- a link to (or copy of) one project that you are most proud of, for example, a project you have done while taking a course with me
- any additional materials (essays, personal statements) that would help me in writing
Please send an email reminder one week before the due date and one day before the due date (if letter is not yet submitted).